Rick Horowitz is an award-winning writer skilled at communicating in a variety of formats and across a wide range of media.
He’s also a nationally known writing coach and trainer whose perceptive eye and practical approach offer you immediate improvements and long-term growth.
He brings to Prime Prose a background in journalism -- online, print, TV and radio -- as well as law, policy and government service.
Rick has conducted popular workshops for newspapers and newspaper groups, state and regional press associations and other organizations both in and out of journalism:
* The Poynter Institute
* The National Society of Newspaper Columnists
* Pulliam Center for Contemporary Media, DePauw University
* Population Reference Bureau
* Human Services Agency of San Francisco
* The Association of Opinion Journalists (formerly National Conference of Editorial Writers)
* The AOJ/NCEW Minority Writers Seminar
* UNCF (formerly United Negro College Fund)
* The American Press Institute
* The American Society of Newspaper Editors
* The National Writers Workshops
* The Bloomberg College Editors' Leadership Workshop at Columbia University
Rick has also served as an adjunct professor for American University's School of Communication, teaching an upper-level, multi-platform course in opinion writing, and for the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, teaching business writing to business majors.
Rick was named a Life Member of the National Conference of Editorial Writers [now the Association of Opinion Journalists].
He's been a legislative assistant and principal speechwriter for a member of the congressional leadership, and a special assistant and ghostwriter for the director of a major Washington-based arts organization.
Rick has captured two Emmy Awards for his TV commentary…
...and two National Headliner Awards for his syndicated column. His commentaries have appeared on NPR and YouTube, and he’s been a frequent contributor to The Huffington Post and other prominent national blogs.
Rick is a graduate of Brandeis University and NYU School of Law.
Rick is ready to help you get your message out.